Welcome to Developing the Young Workforce at Linlithgow Academy
At Linlithgow Academy, all our students are treated and respected as individuals and they will receive support to prepare for, and move through, changes and choices. It is the responsibility of the DWY Programme, in partnership with Skills Development Scotland, to meet and engage with all our students and establish a plan for leaving school and securing a positive destination. This includes higher/further education, employment and training, or apprenticeship schemes.
- Raise awareness of job opportunities and career pathways through senior school work-based learning.
- Deliver industry relevant experiences in the classroom.
- Develop our students employability skills and equip them with the correct attitude, skills and knowledge for the world of work.
- Enhance curriculum delivery through work-related activity influenced by our business employer partnerships.
- Increase our students understanding of industry and the local labour market through career webinars and our annual Careers Fair.
- Help our students achieve a sustained positive destination after they leave education.
It is our aim, through Developing the Young Workforce at Linlithgow Academy, to help raise awareness of the range of careers and training on offer to our students and the many different routes to employment in our local area and beyond, helping students plan for their future training and employment.