ONLINE PARENTS EVENING INFORMATION
During academic session 2021-22 we consulted on online parents evenings. Due to overwhelming approval, we continued with our online parents evenings during session 2022.23. This overwhelming approval of the online facility has continued following consultation during session 2022.23.
We are using the same booking system as in previous years, with your appointments with teachers being online.
To access the parent booking site please click the link below (Online Parent Evening Booking). This will go live once you have received a Groupcall message indicating appointments can be made for that particular year group. See booking windows information below.
Teachers will be available, as per their working time agreement, to take 5 minute appointments on each designated evening for S1-S3 year groups and 6 minute sessions for S4-S6 year group. To increase flexibility of this online consultation provision, teachers have chosen their time slots within a 5 hour window of time starting at 3.45pm and ending at 8.45pm.
A Glow form will be sent immediately after each parents evening concludes to gather feedback on your experience, comments and suggestions.
Guidance for Parents
|Year Group||Parent Evening date||Bookings opens||Booking closes|
|S2||23rd November||14th November||22nd November|
|S4||11th January||18th December||10th January|
|S5/6||24th January||15th January||23rd January|
|S1||8th February||29th January||7th February|
|S3||28th February||19th February||27th February|
Internet Browser Compatibility:
You must use one of the devices below and internet browser combinations for the video meeting technology to work:
- Linux computer: Chrome or Firefox
- Microsoft Surface: Chrome or Firefox
- Mac computer: Safari, Chrome or Firefox
- Windows computer: Chrome, Firefox or Edge (Chromium)
- Apple iPhone/iPad (iOS 11+): Safari
- Android phone/tablet: Chrome or Firefox
How to technically book and join using your device -
see 'Video Call Information for Parents' document in download section opposite
Parental Roles, Responsibilities and Expectations:
- Sitting in a quiet environment where you can give full attention
- You may wish to have your child or young person with you
- Please ensure your screen in on so your image can be seen.
- This is chance for both you and the teacher to talk about your child's progress and achievement
- Time will be limited on the call and you may find it useful to jot down any questions you would like to ask
- Please be respectful at all times during the consultation as you would if you were meeting face to face
- The meeting may not be recorded by the school or the parent, this is in breach of the hosting company policy
- If you encounter any technical difficulties and have to leave the call, there will be a Glow form Groupcall sent to you immediately after the evening is over where feedback can be left.